SOAK UP THE COOKIES
If you want to discover some delicious vegan cookies, you’ve knocked at the right door… I have tested them myself many times to make sure they were absolutely the best! I’m sharing the recipe here because I’m very kind.
Please note that the ingredients I suggest are healthier (because this is still a naturopathy website!) than the classic and refined ingredients you would find in any supermarket (such as sugar for example), but feel free to use the ingredients that you like.
These cookies remain cookies in the end, so perhaps it would be a good idea not to eat the whole plate in one session if possible!
Ingredients for about 10 cookies
- 60g coconut oil
- 60g demerara or coconut sugar
- 60ml non-dairy milk (rice, almond, coconut, oat…)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130g flour (I use a low gluten wheat flour that I buy in France from a place called « Les Maîtres de mon Moulin » in Cucugnan, but you can use any flour that you like: whole wheat, buckwheat, spelt…)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp unrefined salt
- 50g dark chocolate chunks
- 20g Pecan nuts (or any other type of nuts, or a mix of nuts, or no nuts at all!)
Preparation (10 min) and cooking (10 min max)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180º (thermostat 6-7).
- Mix coconut oil and sugar together, then add milk and vanilla extract. Mix even more. The result may look a bit liquid, but that’s fine.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Combine the two preparations and mix again. Add the chocolate chunks and the nuts.
- When the dough is ready, make some nice little balls with your hands (golf ball size) and flatten them with the palms.
- Place the raw cookies on an oven tray covered with baking sheet.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes. 8 minutes would generally be ideal, but it depends on the oven: watch the cooking time!
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool down before devouring!
With a good cuppa, a great book, your cat or your besties, it’s Heaven on Earth!